Picture taken from Portland Ground: Pictures of Portland Oregon
A year ago I moved to Portland, Or from the lovely, sometimes burning hills of Calabasas, Ca. Calabasas is known for being the back drop for many awful (but oh so lovely) reality shows like the Newlyweds and Keeping up with the Kardashians. I think the Dash family does a lovely job showing how the average millionaire in Calabasas lives. It’s a scary, yet true depiction of a suburban town that houses celebrities, their family and kids, and their random teacup dog breeds.
After I graduated from California State University, Northridge with my B.S. in Business Admin., Marketing (so what if I didn’t go to USC, I did pay for it myself…no Mommy and Daddy paying this bill), I decided to step out of the rat race and live amongst what I deem “normal” people. Living in Portland has been a God send. Instead of trying to out dress tweens wearing Louis Vuitton and out live 40 year old house wives who shop for a living and swipe their Black titanium American Express Card like it’s a Starbuck’s gift card, I can finally be Pam.
I am poor, I wear second hand clothing because I can afford it, I make handmade jewelry because its way better than store bought Claire’s, I am sober, and I finally feel like I belong somewhere.
A home made gift I made for my friend Staci. Vegan friendly.
Despite the craziness at work and the random turmoil at home, I am thankful for this: Having a job, friends, a house, a man and a life to live in Portland.
P. Hobbs


3 comments:
Great writing and an all-around great post, Pam!
hooray! how blessed to know who you are in light of where, when, how and why you are pamedarling. He really makes all things beautiful in His time, doesn't He?
p.s. send me a necklace wouldja? i can write you a check for materials. i'm totally diggin the earthy, vegan, thanksgiving rock piece... then i can carry you with me as a reminder of life's goodness and the friends along my path. plus the rosary/necklace broke.
p.p.s. thank you for my birthday shout out. i've re-read that post almost every day and each time, it brings tears of love to my eyes and grounds me..
I love the necklace. And given that I hardly ever like the earthy style jewelery, that's saying something!.
It's great to realise you can be who you want and stuff everyone else.
Post a Comment