Pic taken by Today is a Good day Nick and I look forward to watching Intervention every Monday. As weird as it sounds, it helps us in our recovery. It’s our weekly meeting with A&E. Every time I watch it I think about the steps and the Serenity Prayer.

Pic via Holly Monroe
People use drugs and alcohol to escape reality. It’s a way for people to feel in control of their life that may seem out of control to them. Some things we simply don't have control over. Dealing with control is my problem.
I love to control my surroundings and I strive for perfection in (almost) every aspect of my life. This prayer reminds me that some things I don't have control over. Learning to let go of things and accept it for what it is, is one of the biggest lessons I have learned in my twenties. I have not perfected the act of letting go but my life has gotten a lot easier.
Hope this helps.
Cheers!
1 comment:
I learned so much just in my early twenties going to Alanon meetings. I've been in the program since I was 14. Going on 12 yrs now.
When you come into town, if you have time for us to chill, or even if you want to talk to someone; I can tell you my path to learning to let go.
I really miss you and glad to hear things are looking up for you.
Much love,
Sonnie
Post a Comment