Friday, August 29, 2008

LA Birthday Vacation

Now that I have somewhat recovered from my birthday “vacation” to LA, I thought I would post pictures and tell you about my adventures.

Thursday Night: We got into LA around 10pm. Nick started driving like an INSANE LA driver without missing a beat. We did a late night grub at In-N-Out and passed out. In-N-Out is a Cali thing, and unless you have lived in Cali you would not understand why we made it a point to go.

Friday: I chopped my hair off. Was able to donate about a foot of hair!!

(before, locks of love, after)

Dana (soul sister), Nick, his friend Pasha and I ate at the Good Earth. Half way through our meal, John Voight said hello to Pasha and then proceeded to eat lunch behind us. Only in LA. Dana and I escaped to the mall to hit up H&M for cute new gear. We then had dinner with the family. Even my Auntie from Singapore was there. After that, the “family” and friends met up. We ended up going to bed at 430 in the morning after spending the night chatting with everyone. BAH

Saturday: Lunch with Nick’s family and Orange County adventures.

Sunday: Took my Auntie to LAX so she could go back home to Singapore. We then went to dinner at Little Malaysia. They serve the BEST local Singapore/Malaysian food in LA. No one can compare.

the food coma hit HARD

Monday: BIRTHDAY AT DISNEYLAND. My 26th birthday was the best birthday I have ever had.

I won.

Tuesday: I met up with all my old regulars and friends from my coffee shop. We said goodbye to some friends. Nick and I went to dinner with our good friend Pete. His new company is amazing and I am so proud of him for killing it 7 days a week. We even went to a meeting and saw our friend get a 90 day chip. Sobriety is the way of the future.

Wednesday: Nick and I ended our vacation by saying goodbye to MORE friends and family. We left LA tired and ready to sleep in our cali king.

Leaving LAX

Reflecting back on our trip, I know I tripped out for no reason. I also realized that I am so much happier living in Portland than living in LA. I have also come to the conclusion that I will do everything in my power to be able to travel more often and possibly make a career out of it.

New birthday goals will be posted soon.

Have a safe and fun holiday weekend!!
Cheers.
P.Hobbs

2 comments:

sunsta said...

i'm catching up on your blog, life has been throwing me obsticles but i am overcoming them. thankfully God has been on my side more so lately with showing me the ways to overcoming my debt and stress; showing me how to better live my life.

i was reading about the angel cards. i think i may get some. i used to do tarot cards back when i considered myself atheist. now that i am in a "new life" i am trying to improve some things (i'd really like to talk to you further about it maybe over the phone?)

anyway, i'm glad you had a good time. although i never regret things of the past, i really wish we could have gotten to see each other while you were in town. can we get together and work on a time for me to come visit early next year?

hit me up girl. i'm glad we can keep in touch.

xoxo
Sonnie

p.s.- I love you!

P.Hobbs said...

Call me anytime Lovie. You should definitely get Angel Cards!!! They are so amazing.