There are times when you meet someone and you swear you have known that person your whole life. That's how I feel about my friend Dana. I know for a fact (no past life regression needed) that we have shared many of our past lives together. Since the moment we met each other, we have had a pretty strong bond. She is one of my soul sisters. This is her email to me about one of her recent "ah-ha" moments. She allowed me to share it with you...
Like most kids, I had a rock collection growing up... I found them everywhere and some I polished myself with my very own rock polisher! There were beautiful ones- shiny, colorful, exotic... ones that you never want to lose or forget. There are the average filler rocks that usually get tossed and replaced every so often... and then there are some really jagged, spotted, cracked rocks that are so intriguing because of the dirt, the grit, the drama.
I got to thinking that the process a rock goes thru is not too different from life actually… As a rock, you spend most of your time getting caught up by the elements. I've spent most of my life like many others in a frenzy of ego, confusion, emotion and passion. But each time, another chance comes along to smooth out the rough edges once again and hopefully take the next round a bit more gracefully.
“To live is to be aware. Serenely, divinely, completely aware.”
I have come to truly believe that each and everyone of us are radiant, brilliant, perfect. I guess somewhere along the way, we forget. We become conditioned to thinking that we have to swim upstream and suffer in order to get what we want and thus be happy. How twisted we have it.... We create something that isn't there... drama, chaos, confusion, fear. All of which are nothing other than a lack of love. The ego would have me believe that surrendering to something higher than myself means giving up, admitting that I don't have all the answers and control. Time and love have only reminded me that that surrender is the biggest indicator of strength there is. You can't fully experience life and love til you surrender, because only then are you fully open to the divinity that flows thru your veins.
That divinity, call it Jesus, Buddha, Angels or Shiva has given me the most beautiful miracles in the form of my friends. I was recently reminded of just how blessed I am when my soul sister, Pamela, served me up a big ol slice of humble pie. It's funny how the deepest expressions of love come to you sometimes. In this case with was a amazing friend offering a nugget of honesty with no tinges of judgment but only love and support. These are the a-ha moments that I have learned to just get in, hang on, shut up and listen to. Like rare gems, you don’t want to let go of a great friend’s word.
So now I humbly ask am I focusing on the circumstances of my life instead of the lessons? The answer- the circumstances are the tools. Be involved in them. Feel the pain of loss and the elation of victory. Let compassion work its way into my soul. I vow to ride the wave and thus I pray for my desire and priority is inner peace. I want the experience of love. I don't know what will bring that to me, so I give the details up to someone who knows better…
As I think about my rock collection as an adult, I realize there only ever was beautiful rocks... some of them just needed a little more polishing.
I will not die an unlived life.
I will not live in fear of falling down or catching fire.
I choose to inhabit my days,
to allow my living to open me,
to make me less afraid,
more accessible,
to loosen my heart
until it becomes a wing,
a torch, a promise.
I choose to risk my significance,
to live so that which came to me as seed
goes to the next as blossom,
and that which came to me as blossom goes on as fruit.
~Dawn Markova
Self Love to the highest power.
Cheers.
P.Hobbs

1 comment:
Hi there! Even though you linked back to my Flickr page, it would have been polite to ask me first if you could use my photo. Not trying to be ugly. Just sayin'...
Melanie
Seahorse Photography
Post a Comment