
Piv via Tzatziki
I have been saying that a lot. “Shoulda Woulda Coulda.” Nick and I have been chatting about our upcoming trip (God we leave tomorrow??) A LOT and he always talks about how we could have saved money or how we should have planned a longer trip or bla bla bla. My answer is always “shoulda woulda coulda.”
Why dwell on what you should have, would have, or could have done. It does nothing for your present moment. I could have done a lot of things in my past but if I sat and meditated on all of it, I would drive myself crazy. What I can do is learn from my mistakes and make better decisions in my future.
Someone once told me that instead of journaling all the things that went wrong, why not journal about your top five successes for the day. What if you did that every day before you went to bed? I wouldn’t be surprised if you spent your whole day looking at everything from a more positive point of view. Perspective is a funny thing.
Try it and let me know how it works for you.
Cheers!
P.Hobbs
Why dwell on what you should have, would have, or could have done. It does nothing for your present moment. I could have done a lot of things in my past but if I sat and meditated on all of it, I would drive myself crazy. What I can do is learn from my mistakes and make better decisions in my future.
Someone once told me that instead of journaling all the things that went wrong, why not journal about your top five successes for the day. What if you did that every day before you went to bed? I wouldn’t be surprised if you spent your whole day looking at everything from a more positive point of view. Perspective is a funny thing.
Try it and let me know how it works for you.
Cheers!
P.Hobbs
1 comment:
Good point. I am trying to be more positive. I have never really been much of a worrier, but I find myself dwelling negatively on the past a lot.
Post a Comment