Anyway,
Nick and I had a great discussion last night about our relationship and the fact that it’s been kind of blah lately. We realized that we take each other for granted. We just expect the other person to always be there. Nick and I have not nurtured our relationship and hence we have gotten to this point. We are frustrated and have a lot of resentment towards each other.
So, in an effort to make our relationship better…we have made a pact to spend more quality time together. Quality time does not equal sitting on the couch watching TV. When we find free time, we will force each other to get out of the house and do something, even if it’s just going to the gym or taking a walk, as long as we do it together.
After the conversation we decided to take a trip to the coast. Nick hasn’t been there since we moved to Portland and I thought it would be a great drive. I’m a sucker for cruising wherever as long as there are good tunes.
Here are some pictures from our trip.
I hope you have a blessed weekend.
Cheers!!
P.Hobbs
3 comments:
What a gorgeous beach. lovely photos!
Glad you two are working on putting more effort in to each other - is always a good move.
Hi beautiful friend - I just wanted you to know that I love hearing your thoughts here... You encourage me to work on my own defining moments and help me realize that I need to journal more often. Love you!
It's good to hear progress in your relationship. Working together, communicating, being open and honest while having an open hear and open mind is the key to a good relationship.
xo
Post a Comment