Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Take a Freaking BREAK!!!




This week has been pretty difficult for me to stay “positive”…not gonna lie and say it was brilliant. I think the Universe is trying to teach me a few big life lessons. I tend to deal with life like this: keep busy, busy, busy and I won’t have time to freak out.

That’s what I do…I work. If I am not working, be it at my actual job or at home with all my side projects, I kind of freak a little. I went outside my comfort zone and I decided to embrace absolutely nothing last night which was a first for me. Instead of jumping on the computer and producing leads and blogging away after work…I watched TV!! If you know me, you will understand that this is something I don’t really do. I was raised not being allowed to watch TV except for a few hours on the weekend, so it’s not really a pastime.

I will admit that despite the caffeine withdrawal headache (another story, another time), last night was quite relaxing. I think my brain deserved a day off. Of course I am back to being a busy bee and I was running around like a pollo loco…not the food chain…but I feel better about my crazy week.

I think that is the key to life. Sometimes, you have to force yourself to have a day off. You deserve that. I have had to learn work/life balance. If you don’t give yourself some free time, you will burn yourself out and then you will be completely useless. Schedule “downtime” in to your planner if you have must. I am a Virgo and need structure so this works for me. I even bought a planner so I can sit down and so this…

What do you think? When was the last time you did something like this for yourself?

Pic via Emdot

No comments: